1. The People’s Choice Community Lottery (“Lottery”) is conducted by People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited ABN 97 154 717 987 of 50 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
2. These terms and conditions apply to the conduct of the Lottery. By purchasing a ticket, each ticket holder (“you”) agrees to these terms and conditions.
3. The Lottery is conducted in South Australia, Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, and Tasmania under the following licences/permits:
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
No permit required
The Lottery is also conducted in the Northern Territory as a foreign lottery under permission granted by the Minister for Justice.
4. The Lottery is conducted in accordance with the legislation applying to lotteries of this type in each state and territory in which it is conducted.
5. 100% of all proceeds from ticket sales for the Lottery benefit participating charities, community groups, sporting clubs, schools and pre-schools.
6. Ticket sales open at 4.00pm (ACST) Wednesday, 30 September 2020 and close at 11.29pm (ACDT) on Friday, 19 February 2021.
7. There are 700,000 online tickets available for sale at a cost of $2.00 each.
8. Tickets are available for purchase online from a participating group’s website landing page at communitylottery.com.au
9. When purchasing tickets online, you will have the option to receive ticket numbers via email or to print a copy of the ticket numbers.
10. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
11. While the Lottery is being conducted we may, in our discretion, offer additional incentives to assist in and promote the sale of tickets exclusively for the benefit of groups participating in the Lottery. Any incentives offered will not change or affect these terms and conditions or the chance of a ticket holder winning a prize.
12. The following persons are ineligible to purchase tickets in the Lottery for themselves or on behalf of any other person:
a. our office holders and employees of the People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited;
b. spouses (including de facto partners), parents, children or siblings of our office holders and employees of the People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited;
c. participating groups (although members and officers of participating groups may purchase tickets as individuals); and
d. the Nominee for the Lottery (the nominated person responsible for ensuring that the Lottery is conducted in accordance with the applicable requirements).
a. collection of their personal information by us;
b. use and disclosure of their personal information as necessary to conduct the Lottery and comply with our obligations in relation to the Lottery;
c. publication of their name, as set out in these terms and conditions, in the event that the ticket holder wins a prize;
d. use and disclosure of their personal information in order to undertake direct marketing by us of offers, services and products of People’s Choice Credit Union and other third parties which they may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive commercial messages from us, you can make this request by contacting us on 13 11 82 or emailing us at CommunityLottery@peopleschoicecu.com.au.; and
e. use and disclosure of their personal information in order to undertake direct marketing promoting the Lottery and future lotteries run by us. If you do not wish to receive commercial messages from us, you can make this request by contacting us on 13 11 82 or emailing us at CommunityLottery@peopleschoicecu.com.au.
14. Tickets purchased from 4.00pm (ACST) on Wednesday, 30 September 2020 up to and including 11.29pm (ACDT) on Tuesday, 3 November 2020 will be entered into the draw for the early bird prize which will be drawn at 11.00am (ACDT) on Tuesday, 10 November 2020 at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000. The details of the early bird prize draw winner will be published in the Adelaide Advertiser and on our website, www.communitylottery.com.au, on Friday, 13 November 2020. The winner of the early bird prize will remain to participate in the main draw and win another prize.
15. The main draw, for all prizes other than the early bird prize, will take place at 11.00am (ACDT) on Friday, 26 February 2021 at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000. Tickets purchased from 4.00pm (ACST) on Wednesday 30 September 2020 to and including 11.29pm (ACDT) on Friday 19 February 2021 will be entered into the main draw.
16. The chances of winning a prize are 1 in 10,000. Each ticket has an equal chance of winning the major prize. Prizes will be allocated to tickets in the order in which they are drawn (i.e. the main prize will be allocated to the first ticket drawn and so on). Except for the early bird prize, once a ticket has won a prize, the ticket is no longer eligible to win any further prizes.
17. A full list of all prizes and their respective values is available on our website, www.communitylottery.com.au.
18. In the event of a prize not being available at the conclusion of the Lottery or not being available in the State or Territory of residence of the prize winner, the prize winner will be offered an alternative prize of equal value.
19. Results will be published in the Adelaide Advertiser and on our website www.communitylottery.com.au, on Tuesday, 2 March 2021.
20. Prize winners will be notified in writing, within four (4) days of the draw in which they win a prize, of the prize won and of how the prize is to be delivered or collected. Prize winners may need to collect prizes from a nominated retail outlet. Where this is not reasonably possible, we will make reasonable alternative arrangements with the prize winner for the collection of their prize.
21. Subject to clause 18 above, prizes are strictly as advertised and cannot be exchanged for cash. A prize winner is not entitled to any difference between the value of a prize (at the time the prize is awarded) and the recommended retail price.
22. Any unclaimed prize will be dealt with in accordance with the legislation applicable to the lottery in the state or territory in which the winner of the unclaimed prize resided (according to the address provided at the time the ticket was purchased):
a. if the winning ticket was purchased in the ACT, if the prize is not collected within 3 months of the date of the draw, Friday 26 February, in which the prize is won, the prize will be subject to a redraw which will take place on Friday 28 May 2021 at 11:00am ACST at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000;
b. if the winning ticket was purchased in Victoria or the Northern Territory, the prize shall be retained for a period of 12 months after which the prize shall be sold or disposed of and the proceeds (after deducting the reasonable costs of sale or disposal) shall be paid to the Treasurer of Victoria for payment into the Consolidated Fund;
c. if the winning ticket was purchased in NSW and the prize remains unclaimed after three months permission will be sought from NSW Fair Trading to sell the prize; and
d. if the winning ticket was purchased in Tasmania and the prize remains unclaimed after 12 months, the prize shall be sold or disposed of, and the proceeds (after deducting the reasonable costs of the sale of disposal) shall be paid to the Treasurer for payment into the Consolidated Fund.
23. We accept no responsibility for any entries not received by us, for any reason, prior to the cut-off time. We are not responsible for unforeseen technical difficulties in relation to or in connection with the online ticket ordering process. We do not warrant that the online ticket ordering process will be available at all times.
24. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
a. we are not responsible for and disclaim all liability (including for negligence) for any loss or damage you may suffer, including loss of opportunity and personal injury and whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, arising out of or in any way connected with this Lottery, you purchasing a ticket or attempting to purchase a ticket in this Lottery, or any prize; and
b. we are not responsible for the merchantability or fitness for purpose of any prizes and exclude all warranties, express or implied.
25. People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited ABN 97 154 717 987 is a subsidiary of People’s Choice Credit Union, a trading name of Australian Central Credit Union Ltd ABN 11 087 651 125, AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 244310 (“People’s Choice Credit Union”). People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited is not an authorised deposit-taking institution and its obligations do not constitute deposits or liabilities of, and are not guaranteed by, People’s Choice Credit Union.